Tuesday 17 July 2012

From Kak Wai's Kitchen

Since Kak Wai have not been working for almost 2 years, I realize that I begin to love cooking lately... All these years, I don't have that much interests in cooking or rather be in the "kitchen" itself.  I enter the kitchen when I want to eat or just get a drink....each time when I reaches home from work, the food is already prepared by my mom...during weekends, I usually spend time shopping or hangouts with my ladies friends but not in the kitchen, I only cook when I have the "mood"..that's History!

Furthermore, there so much reality show on cooking telecast "On Air" as in Asian Food Channel, MasterChef and so forth, and recently...Masterchef Celebrities was on Air where Malaysian Artiste competes to be the best among the best Chef, and Dr Fazley won the 1st MasterChef Celebrities.  And what inspired me to cook when I saw Dato CT on Air hosting Cita Rasa bersama CT....since, she's my idol, she can cook as well as on stage performing, it gives me the determination and interest to cook. "bujie enda manah suara baka CT, nemu nyumai baka CT pama meh ko raung". Enda pia ko kita wai?? 
Reality show "Cita Rasa bersama CT "
Kak Wai in action...(photo file)

Last week, Kak wai browsing thru' Youtube on how to cook few dishes, nowadays, it's so easy, don't have to attend cooking classes which will costs us few hundreds..we just sit at the comfort of our home and learnt the techniques, skills or method how to cook a dish with it's recipe from the internet.  After learning few recipe, Kak wai gave it a try and it just taste as good as it is...that's what my brother and sons said. Good feedback and comment from them, it sure boost my interests in cooking, will try more recipes from here onwards, by God's will....*Winks*
1st attempt "Crispy Chicken" as good as KFC chicken,
how to get it crispy, dip the chicken into a milk.
My "crispy chicken" plating...yummy!
(learnt how to prepare "sambal" topped on half-cut egg)
Hainan Chicken Rice known as National Dish for Singaporean
(learnt the recipe on how to prepare the paste & sauce too)

Two dishes prepared from Kak Wai's humble kitchen. It's my personal achievement and accomplishment...Congratulate, myself!! From this day onwards, I'll challenge myself to cook more because no matter how good or bad the country or world's economy, human must eat to survive.  I believe to keep oneself well & alive, one must continue to feed themselves with food, "Eat to live, Live to eat".. Who says cooking is difficult? Just need to have the interests and creativity on oneself....if Kak Wai can cook, means everybody can cook now!! (nyau munyi iklan AirAsia ga aku neey, everyone can fly) hehehe...

Till then, more recipes to come from Kak Wai's very own kitchen.  Thank you for viewing and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. SoDap amai manuk goreng nya peda aku. Nyau terpeliur-liur. Nganti orang bisi offer aja aku tu neh. hehe...Good job PS!

    ReplyDelete